NSS guests represent a cross-section of professions, occupations,
geographic regions, experience, ages, contemporary interests and perspectives. Nominations come
from a variety of sources - including prior NSS attendees, War College students
and alumni, staff and faculty, the Army War College Foundation, as well as Civilian
Aides to the Secretary of the Army from around the country.
You may nominate candidates by clicking the "Nominate NOW!" graphic on this web page.
- Nominations must be submitted by
26 January 2024
in order to be considered for the
June 3 - 6, 2024
- Before submitting a nomination, please contact the person you are thinking of nominating
to ensure that they are interested in attending the program, and that their schedule will allow them to attend the entire seminar. (Late arrivals are strongly discouraged.)
- We do not accept self-nominations.
- We do not accept repeat attendees - so that more nominees will be able to participate in, and realize the benefits of the NSS program.
- Individuals who have a long association with the military will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Nominees must be at least 21 years old.
In February, the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) Commandant will select approximately
160 Nominees that provide a good representation of American society to participate
in the seminar. Formal invitations will be sent to each Nominee selected at this
NSS guests are not required to prepare for the Seminar ahead of time. Their
individual experiential backgrounds, general awareness of key national and international
issues, and personal commitment to the security and welfare of the Nation suffice
for Seminar participation.